Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Thankful Week Continues with Two More Cards - Napkin Minc Technique and Sneak Peak of Next Week's Video!


I am continuing my Thankful week here on my blog with two new cards today. What do you think the background of this bridge card was created with? Bet you didn't guess a napkin?! I have had so much fun lately creating awesome cards with napkins and my Minc by Heidi Swapp. In my newest video which is part of a Thankful video hop, I share how I used napkins and cling wrap to so easily create a background or decorate a gift purse. Here is another view of this colorful thankful bridge card:



I decorated the bridge of this card with flowers from Tonic Studios and the "thankful" die is by Gina K Designs. The stitched wavy edge on the bridge was created with a die from Karen Burniston. To see how easy it is to attach a napkin with a Minc, watch this video which is part of a video hop where you can win prizes (before May 5th) or this one full of Minc techniques.


My second thankful card today is a sneak peak at next week's video. I had so much fun creating cards with a brand new Nuvo product that I have too many cards for just one week on my blog. I created this one with a gorgeous die from Altenew that I received due to kindness from a total stranger. I stalked the local book and craft stores for the issue of Simply Cards & Papercraft that included this beautiful layered rose die but was unable to find it. I also searched on line and when I couldn't find it, I asked on one of my crafty Facebook groups if anyone knew where I could find it and one of the members offered to buy me one and send it to me! When I received it, she didn't even want me to reimburse her, but to donate the cost of the magazine and the shipping to a hospice house where she volunteers! I made this card for her to show my gratefulness for her extreme act of kindness and am happy to say she loved it. Crafty people are the nicest people! I created the layered flower and leaves with that Altenew die set and the sentiment is from Tonic Studios. If you want to know how I created that gorgeous background that shimmers in real life, be sure to stop back tomorrow for a few more sneak peaks and Monday when the video goes live. 

I am entering the second card in the Flowers challenge at Dies R Us.

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards Karen!!
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene said...

OH WOW what gorgeous creations Karen! LOVE that purple flower card! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Flowers’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful use of the napkins. My issues with a napkin design is when you buy a pack you have oodles of them on hand and they don't come cheap around here. But I do love the look of them.

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome card with the napkin designs. I have collected some pretty napkins over the years that I have intended to use on some cards. I think I have a pretty collection of them... now I wonder where I put them!
Nice story about the Altenew die! I have gotten a couple of their 3D flowers dies also... aren't they beautiful?

laurie said...

Wow that background is beautiful! Love the rose. Thanks for playing along at Dies R Us, so happy you joined us!