Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Sentiment Stamps from Stampendous as the Focus of My Cards


My favorite kind of stamps are sentiment stamps and especially the ones that combine fonts and sizes like the stamp sets I am sharing from Stampendous today and Friday here on my blog. My first card above also features my favorite way to "color" which is to paper piece. I stamped the Stampendous Cling Candle Wish on a large blue card base and also on several patterned dp pieces. The trick to easily paper piecing is to cut out the images roughly, then attach two sided tape to the entire back of the image before cutting out just to the outside of the black lines of the stamped image. The two sided tape will secure down even the most detailed of stamped images. I framed the candles with a frame die cut with two Lil' Inker stitched rectangle dies and raised with pop dots. I also stamped and paper pieced a pretty flower and dragonfly from the Stampendous Floral Greetings Laurel Birch Set of stamps. I added a little glittery color to all three of the stamped images with Nuvo's Glitter Markers. Here is another view of the front of this card, as well as a view of the inside where I stamped a greeting from the Stampendous Big Word Thanks set again with the lovely mix of sizes and fonts.








Continuing my focus on sentiments, I am sharing this happy birthday card that features the Big Words Happy Stamp Set from Stampendous on both the front and the inside. This creative mix of fonts and sizes just makes me happy and I think the recipient will love it too. I started with a background I made with Nuvo Shimmer Powders and cling wrap from a recent video on techniques with them. Using my Tim Holtz Travel Size Stamp Platform, I stamped the Cling Vintage Note stamp from Stampendous in blue ink and the Happy Birthday Wishes on the front. Then I stamped the sentiment on the inside (from the same Big Words set). I am loving these sentiment sets from Stampendous and will share two more cards featuring them on Friday so be sure to stop back.

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card design.

Celeste Goff said...

Two gorgeous cards Karen! Love the fun candles on the first card and the cool background on the second!