Thursday, May 10, 2018

Nuvo Shimmer Powders on Specialty Papers


I made tons of sample cards for my recent YouTube video showing different ways to use Nuvo Shimmer Powders and most of those samples were done on watercolor paper. I did try some specialty papers too and loved how these cards turned out as well. The background on this sympathy card was made with a handmade paper I had in my stash and in real life it is very textured and full of subtle but gorgeous shimmer. I used my favorite color of Nuvo Shimmer Powder which is Violet Brocade (a combo of purples, pinks and blues when you spritz it with water!) and Storm Cloud, which is a mix of blacks and grays and the name is just perfect! All I did was sprinkle those two colors on the handmade paper and spritz with water. It is so easy to make a lovely background like this! Then I die cut and attached Heartfelt Sympathy from Tonic Studio and the Rose Corner die from Jeanine's Art.


I recently purchased some beautiful Craft Perfect handmade papers from Tonic Studios  and tried the white Freshwater Pearls paper for this card. I sprinkled on some Violet Brocade and Blue Blitz and spritzed it with water and just look at that textured shimmery colorful background that resulted! I cut out the card front piece with a Gina Marie Designs stitched wonky rectangle die, and added an Altenew Dodec Stars and a Penny Black Happy Birthday sentiment. 

I hope all my card samples this week convinced you to check out my video and maybe give the Nuvo Shimmer Powders a try. I sure had fun playing and designing these cards, and I think you will too.

3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the shine!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Karen - love the colours you have used and combined
Blessings
Maxine

Celeste Goff said...

Such gorgeous backgrounds Karen! Love both of these cool cards!