Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Karen Burniston New Pop up Dies Series - Day Six

I am loving all the new dies recently released at Karen Burniston.com, but admit my favorite is the Charm Accordion Die Set.  I posted another card I made with that die set here on day four of my series. But I decided to try making a card this time with two of the panels attached together. My theme for this card was "happy birthday cupcake." I stamped "hello cupcake" on the front using stamps from two Tonic Studio stamp sets. On the front twisting panel, I attached a cupcake made with dies from the KB 1008 Cupcake Pop Up Die Set. I die cut the cupcake liner out of gold mirror card, the frosting out of pink cardstock, and the cherry out of a scrap of red cardstock. I colored the stem with a black marker and added some sprinkles on the frosting using Rhubarb Crumble, Carnation Pink and Gloss White Crystal Drops by Nuvo. To hold the card flat until the recipient opens it, I tied it shut with a piece of pink baker's twine. Look at the magic and fun when the twine is removed and the card pops open:



Isn't this clever card design amazing? I just love how the charms hang down from the charm frame on paper jump rings and how the windows swing as the card is opened and closed! I cut two bases out of red cardstock and attached them together with white hinges. I die cut 4 white stitched frames. Here is a picture of the left side pieces close up: 



My pink frosting cupcake from the front swings to show on the inside when the card is opened. I created three different flavors of cupcake charms all with gold mirror card cupcake liners and Nuvo crystal drops sprinkles. This one has chocolate frosting- my favorite:) And isn't the racoon from the KB Woodland Animals Die Set so cute with his cupcake treat with vanilla frosting? 



The third and fourth panels say Happy Birthday to You in abbreviated form using Concord & 9th script letter stamps and a numeral 2 die from Tonic Studios. This cupcake charm has cherry frosting and more Nuvo Crystal Drops sprinkles. 



I hope you come back again later this week to see a few more cards I made with the new dies from Karen Burniston. 


Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!

2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Adorable card - love all that red!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a cute card with those wee images
Blessings
Maxine