Saturday, March 25, 2017

Butterfly Celebrate Surprise Card


I am going to be teaching a class soon that will feature Karen Burniston Pop It Up dies and this is the third card I have designed for the class. I love butterflies- who doesn't? and am featuring them on this card. The beautiful stamped butterfly is from a set by Fun Stampers Journey and I stamped it once and then a second time without re-inking. I created a belly band out of a floral dp and attached "celebrate" which I cut out with a Tonic Studios die and sponged just the bottom half with a blue ink. The front was completed with a small butterfly punched out of the dp with a Martha Stewart punch. And as always with Karen's dies, the surprise inside is my favorite part: 


I die cut the pop up center of this card with a die from Karen Burniston called Anita Frame. There is a stamp set by Karen called "Occasions" with stamps that fit perfectly on pieces of this die set. I stamped and die cut the "Happy Birthday to you" label and attached it to the interactive right label of the diecut. The die set also included a die to decorate the top and bottom pop outs perfectly. I punched some more butterflies, adhered them and added some pearls to each. The Anita Frame die makes a gorgeous card very easy to make! 

I am entering this card in the challenge at Simon Says Stamp (Wednesday) to use more than one die and/or punch.

3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this. You are sure making some super wonderful pop up type cards. I seldom do any myself. Probably something I should work on instead of the same old style I usually do.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card, inside and out. Love that centre pop-out.
Blessings
Maxine

debby4000 said...

Beautiful butterfly card, love the inside.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby