Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Day 1 Guest Artist Gail Jaeger



Recently my very talented dear friend, Gail Jaeger, designed a series of six floral cards with Tonic Studios dies. While I am away at CHA Creativation, I am going to feature her cards and the descriptions she has shared. Gail is a real artist and what is most amazing about these cards is that they all feature works of art that Gail painted! After completing a painting, Gail takes a picture and then uses the photo of the painting as part of her card art. I am thrilled to feature Gail's art and cards on my blog while I am gone.

Here is what Gail shared about the painting that inspired this card: 

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CARD…The yellow roses are from my Mom’s funeral and the card makes me smile with memories of my parent’s anniversaries.  This is a mixed media piece.  The background consists of textured, white rice paper that was attached to the canvas with Yes glue.  The entire canvas was washed with a light yellow watercolor.  The design was drawn onto the canvas with the leaves and blossoms painted with darker yellows and outlined with black permanent ink.  You aren’t able to see but the background has variable width vertical lines drawn to ground the flowers.  To finish the design, some of the leaves and flowers are Zentangled. 

And here is a brief description of how Gail made the card and the supplies used: 

Happy Anniversary.  Begin with a 5 ½ X 8 ½ base with black card stock. The top insert is a peppy black & white polka dot 4 X 5 ¼.  The Scalloped Circle Layering Basic Die Set 1455 is used to create the black and yellow floral print circles. Miniature Moments Happy Anniversary 1248e Die and Layering Butterflies 530e Die complete the card.  

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

thank you for sharing Gail's work Karen - this is stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gail's card is beautiful! And, I have just recently acquired that Happy Anniversary die so I am enjoying seeing it used. Mine is still untouched and in the package so this will be an inspiration for me.

Jane Luxem said...

Beautiful card from Gail! Her artwork is gorgeous!

Karen Dunbrook said...

how gorgeous Karen...
I am loving seeing you at the CHA show...how lucky are you!!
xx Karen