Sunday, March 13, 2016

Tonic Studios Pampered Pets Card in a Box


Happy Sunday everyone! Today I am sharing a card in a box that features many of the Pampered Pets dies recently released by Tonic Studios and available at the Tonic Gold website. I decided to make a Card in a Box so I could play with almost all the sweet new pet dies. If you have never made a Card in a Box, here is a link to a great tutorial on the size I chose to make. There are many different sizes of this style of card. This one is 6 ¾” x 5 ½” folded flat, stands up for display and folds down to mail as shown in this picture:
 I started with a piece of light brown cardstock cut to 12 x 8 ½ inches and followed the tutorial linked above to create the box card. I die cut the Best Buddies die out of red patterned paper and out of black cardstock, layered them together just slightly offset and attached to the front of the box card. I added Ebony Black Crystal Drops to the eyes of all the die cut Pampered Pets.

I love the kitties and puppies in the Pet Windows sets and used parts of those dies for the stand up back panel in this card in a box. I die cut the Just Purrrfect Kitty and the Pawsome Poodle out of patterned paper and black cardstock and attached them (again slightly offset) standing up in the inside panels.



The views from the sides of the card in a box show Love Cats and the fun and oh so true stamped sentiment from Dinner’s Up.

I had fun playing with these new dies from Tonic and hope this card inspires you to play with some Tonic Studios dies soon. I suggest you subscribe to the new Tonic USA blog and/or follow Tonic Studios USA on Facebook here to see more ideas from the talented designers on the Tonic USA blog team using these dies and more.

Tonic Studios and Nuvo Products Used: Rococco Dies: Best Buddies, Love Cats, Pawsome Poodle, Dinner’s Up, and Just Perfect; Toby’s Sill and Harvey’s Ledge Pet Windows, Tonic Tangerine Die Machine, Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops, Tonic Funky Glue Pen, Tonic Advantage V Blade Trimmer Other: score board


I am entering this card in the challenge at LiveLoveCards to use colored cardstock in our project and the Anything Goes challenge at 613 Avenue Create.

6 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

How adorable! Wonderfully done!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very pretty box card, love these pets and the fun sentiment! :D

Cara said...

I love box cards, I think you've inspired me to make some more. The pets are so cute. Cara x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Karen - love those die cuts, and the sentiment made me smile - so true, especially when they have been with us 16 1/2 years!
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a cute card. And, love the sentiment too!

Sarah said...

Wow this is so cool, i have never seen a foldable box before. I will have to try this. great job