Monday, September 14, 2015

Four of my Favorite Current Loves on One Card


Lately I have loved making cards with Fall Colors, Napkins, Deep Impressions and Inlaid Die Techniques, and I have used all of those on this card. The beautiful fall background on this card is a napkin I applied to cardstock with an iron and cling wrap (tutorial on how to do that here.) I die cut "Thankful" (from Penny Black) out of the napkin piece and again in dark brown. I inlaid the dark brown "thankful" in the negative space and added back in the little pieces in the f and l. The gorgeous leaf is a chipboard leaf cut with a Tim Holtz Sizzix die with many layers of embossing powder melted on it before stamping with a great texture stamp from Free Range Rubber.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at 613 Avenue Create and the Fabulous Fall Colors challenge at Di's Digis.

9 comments:

designbydonna said...

Beautiful. Karen. Could you direct us to a video or instructions for the napkin and cling wrap? That sounds fascinating.

ike said...

Oooh - GORGEOUS :-) Such a beautiful card and YES - I would love to see the napkin/clingwrap method too please :-D

Hugz
IKE xxxx

Karen Hasheck said...

I had linked it a couple times before and again tomorrow, so didn't do it here. But I have corrected that and there is now a link for you ladies:)

Laurie Unger said...

Link still is not working for the tutorial. Wonderful texture on the leaf!

Lori Kobular said...

I love the texture on that one leaf and what a great idea to use napkins for backgrounds! Great Fall card!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Another stunning card Karen - love the colours and that textured leaf!
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Hasheck said...

I corrected the link to the video again and it should work now- it was a Pinterest link before but now should take you directly to the blog post with her video.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design.

Bettina L. said...

Fab fall card. Love the leaves and colours. Thanks for playing at 613 Avenue Create and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member 613 Avenue Create xx