Saturday, July 25, 2015

Christmas in July at Send a Smile 4 Kids



It’s Saturday and time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids! This time our challenge is Christmas in July 4 Kids!  Create and link any holiday card for a child, and you could win one of our great prizes.

We have three very generous sponsors for this challenge: Dollar Graphics Depot is giving their winner a $15 gift certificate!  A Day for Daisies is giving their randomly picked winner a $12 gift certificate!  And Fred She Said’s winner gets a $10 gift certificate! TEAM S.A.S will also be choosing their favorite cards for our top three and the winners will receive a blog badge and an opportunity to be a guest design team member on a future challenge.

My first card above features a sweet Kitty for Christmas digital stamp from A Day for Daisies. I started the card by folding down the right corner of the green card base front at 3 3/4" down on the right and top of the card. Then I embossed the whole card with a Christmas words embossing folder from Cuttlebug. I attached a piece of white cardstock to the inside of the card. I printed ADFD's sweet Christmas Kitty on grey cardstock, on green polka-dotted and on red patterned paper. I paper pieced the stocking and ribbon onto the grey kitty. I used my scor-bug, my scor-buddy and a thin black marker to create a stitched look border and attached the kitty to the stitched square. I layered onto a red square and then onto a green square to frame the kitty square. 

My second Christmas card features a colored digital file from Dollar Graphics Depot called Beary Merry Christmas. I simply printed the sweet teddy bear in his stocking on white cardstock and cut it out with a rectangle stitched die. I printed the sentiment from the same set and cut it out with an oval stitched die. I sponged the edges of the oval with red ink and attached to the card.

I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenges at 613 Avenue Create and Aud Sentiments.

6 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Fabulously cute, Karen, both of them! :-D Thank you for playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Aud Sentiments this fortnight. Good luck and come play again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Sandy said...

Two fabulous creations, love the images. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Hugs,
Sandy

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous cards Karen - love the teddy in the stocking in particular.
Blessings
Maxine

Glittered Paws said...

So sweet - especially the bear card. You always find time to be so creative.

Verna Angerhofer said...

cute and adorable. Internet for me is lousy so if I don't comment much you know why.

Annie said...

Oh so cute and I love your embossed background layer. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this challenge. Did you read that we are having a call out for new DT members? Check out the details on our blog. Thanks again for your fab entry. Annie xxx