Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hello Friend Raindrop Card


I love playing with the water droplets stamps from Designs by Ryn and this card was the result of an idea that came to me one night. I keep a pen and paper by my bedside for ideas that pop into my head before falling asleep. I stamped the raindrops with several colors of blue ink and highlighted most of them with white enamel accents. I die cut 4 colorful umbrellas out of polka dotted dp using a new die from Memory Box. Then I die cut the top again and popped the second layer up with pop dots. "Hello Friend" is a die from Spellbinders and I cut it out with the blue polka dotted dp. I added a gem to dot the i.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Simon Says Stamp and Craft Your Passion.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Great card, so bright and cheerful. Love those stamps, thanks for the tip about the pencil for highlights.

Christine said...

Great card, so bright and cheerful. Love those stamps, thanks for the tip about the pencil for highlights.

jenn shurkus said...

such a fun card :) i could use one of those umbrellas! pouring buckets here and I can't find mine LOL :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card with the raindrops and the umbrellas.

Tanvi said...

The raindrops are just perfect! Adorable! Thank you for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion#268. We would love to see you again!