Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Playing with Brushos and Goosebumps and NBUS


I am in between deadlines for publications and design teams which means I have time to play which makes me very happy. I also have a pile of NBUS (never before used schtuff) which is mostly dies and playing with new dies makes me very happy too:) I saw some cards using these head phone dies from My Favorite Things and the matching stamp set and I just had to get them. Perfect for teenagers, right?

I purchased Goosebumps spray a while back after seeing some cool cards my dt buddy Deonna made. She used it with Bisters as a resist so I thought I would try some backgrounds with my Brusho Crystal Colors and the Goosebumps. I sprayed the Goosebumps on watercolor paper but admit I had a hard time controlling where the spray went. I thought I got too much on the piece, but went ahead and added Brushos and spritzed this card is the result. The MFT "You Rock" was stamped on a Spellbinders flag label die cut piece.

The Brusho colors I chose were black, brown and grey- which are fun to use but are not black, brown and grey...They are a wild assortment of blues, oranges and other colors. I thought I would try one just dotting the Goosebumps on with the nozzle piece, but that didn't really work. BUT I have found that no matter what you do with Brushos and Bisters, the result is pretty cool and there is no need to throw it away. Here is my second card playing with Brushos and Goosebumps:


See what I mean about these cool Brusho colors? The MFT headphones get cut out twice (grey and black) so I used the second pair for this card. I also had a set of My Creative Time speech bubbles dies in my NBUS pile so I used one of them with another fun saying from My Favorite Things.

I am entering the first card in the anything goes challenges at 613 Avenue Create and Scribble and Scrap.

4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Super cool! I wasn't familiar with Brushos but just went to their website to check it out. It looks so fun!

Jacee said...

Super card design Karen.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fab male card, thanks for sharing it with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Lorraine DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love your card and enjoy your time off for just creating for the fun of it!