Saturday, March 8, 2014

Vellum Brighter Days Class Card



I am loving using vellum on my cards again! So much so that Vellum Varieties is the theme of my first in home individual class I am going to be offering this spring! I am teaching this card, as well as the second  card shown in this blogpost with the tiger and the Vellum Dimension technique. I will also add a third card or even a fourth- I have several designed you could choose from. If you are local to Wausau WI, you can choose a time for you and a few friends to come and make some cards with Vellum or any of the other techniques and card styles I will be sharing.

I love this card and think it would brighten anyone's day if they received it. I used all Hero Arts stamps on vellum over a yellow cardbase. I embossed the dandelion background stamp with white embossing powder on the vellum piece, and stamped the pretty sentiment in the center with black archival ink. The dotted Swiss flowers (also from Hero Arts) was also embossed with white embossing powder on vellum, colored from the back with yellow markers, and cut out.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Sister Act and Crafty Girls.

3 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Your vellum card looks good and I like the fri fold shutter card design too. Only tried ta shape once but I think I made it on too thin a card as it buckled when folded. You have inspired me to have mother go nd try one vellum out too. Hugs Mrs A.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! This is so beautiful! It seems vellum is all the rage again. I have quite a bit of it so maybe I should try my hand at using it too. And, this card surely is an inspiration to me. Love it.

ednamburgess said...

Beautiful and think I even have that background stamp. will have to start using it. Thanks for reminding me. Edna