Monday, March 17, 2014

CAS Homework Card


On the first day of the CAS on line class I am taking, we learned about inlaid die-cuts and faux metal and so far those are my favorite techniques they have shared. I played with the faux metal technique on this card. Basically you heat emboss 4-5 layers of silver embossing powder and then stamp in the last layer while it is still hot to get this look. I liked it, but I always find embossing powder so messy to work with. I created a small circle mask for the faux metal circle and a larger circle mask for the center circle. I sponged with purple and blue ink through a Memory Box butterfly stencil and added dots all over the same way with a Heidi Swapp stencil.

I am entering this card in the thank you challenge at Totally Gorjuss and the Things with Wings challenge at Kitty Bee Designs.

No comments: