Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Robyn's Fetish and Speedy Fox and Friends Challenges


The challenge this week at Robyn's Fetish is Christmas Cards, and at Speedy Fox and Friends they want to see our red and green cards. I made this fun card with some digis I won at Bugaboo after being published with one of their stamps. Right now they have 50% off all their digital stamps so I was able to pick a whole bunch of really cool digital stamps for my reward! You should check their sale out!

I love Stella from Bugaboo- she cracks me up. This digi is called Stella Christmas- Boy List and you get both the funny sentiment and Stella. I paper pieced Stella's dress, hat and list and colored the rest with Copics. I used a Stampin' Up punch to make the edge on the notebook paper and embossed the gold piece with a Tim Holtz embossing folder that also looks like notebook paper.

I encourage you all to consider sending in your cards for publication. Not only do you get a free magazine and the thrill of seeing your name and card in print if they choose your card, but you can then possibly earn free stamps from the company whose stamps you used. Here are a few of the companies I know reward for publication: Repeat Impressions, Raisin Boat, Bugaboo, Hambo, Art Impressions, Kitchen Sink Stamps and others too. If a card is chosen for publication, I always check on the companies website and have received a lot of free stamps this way.

Stamping smiles, Karen

3 comments:

Papertangler said...

Lol! So cute! Traditional colors but not-so-traditional message!

NanaConnie said...

That has to be one of my favorite Stella images, Karen, and that's saying somethign since I love every Stella at Bugaboo! lol Fabulous card and I love the torn/distressed papers. Those really emphasize the "list" idea. Very clever.

Michelle said...

I love the sentiment. It matches perfect with your card. Awesome Job. Thanks for sharing at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

Michelle (DT)