Sunday, September 9, 2012

Aud Sentiments and CAS-ual Fridays Challenges


The challenge at Aud Sentiments this week is to make a Christmas card with a sentiment and at  CAS-ual Fridays we are to use embossing. If you know me and my style, you know I use embossing on almost all of my cards. If you look closely, you will see I used embossing three times on this card. The background was double embossed with a swirly pattern first and then my favorite embossing folder - Swiss Dots by Cuttlebug. And the white ornament was cut and then embossed with a Nestabilities ornament die. The fun light bulbs and sentiment are from a set I won from Kitchen Sink Stamps. Don't the Christmas lights look real? That comes from a series of stamps and ink colors that is the trademark of Kitchen Sink Stamps.

Stamping smiles, Karen

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Karen, Wow I have to try double embossing. That sound interesting. The lights do look real.
There is still a couple of day to enter the Raisin Boat challenge this month. It is a fun and easy sketch. I hope you will join us.

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Great card love the embossing, thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments this fortnight, Pauline x

Lisa A. said...

This card has a hip modern feel! The bulbs are terrific! Thanks for sharing your creativity at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

No way - you double embossed that background?!! It's sooo cool! I will most definitely be trying this out! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!