Tuesday, May 18, 2010

JUGS Color Challenge Shadow Box Card

 


JUGS challenge this week was to use red, white and blue in our cards. I have been wanting to make a shadow box card ever since I learned how to make one at the Madison Mingle. It is very simple actually. Just cut two pieces of cardstock 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" and score at 1/2" and 1', fold and attach as shown in the pix below.

 


The funny sayings and "hare" stamp are from Skipping Stones Design. I cut the hole out of the front with a nestie and then a smaller scalloped nestie to frame it.

 


The last pix is the back- when I cut out perfectly shaped ovals and they are sitting on my desk, I just have to use them. The sentiment is a sticker. I flattened out the shadow box for this pix to show how you can easily send the card in the mail.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. You did a super job with this color palette. Great shadow box and I love the senti! We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again next week.

Arts by Sara said...

So Wonderful...I can't wait to try this card out! Thanks for sharing! You did an awesome job! Happy Creating! Sara

Lisa Kind said...

This is so darn cute! The sentiment made me laugh! Love that you made a shadow box! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!