Sunday, May 9, 2010

Celebrate! (Stamp Simply Challenge)

 


Lots of reasons to celebrate today! It's Mother's Day and I am enjoying a lovely lazy day today. I have two wonderful kids and a beautiful grandson who made me feel very special this weekend and everyday. Yesterday we met my son and his fiance' and her parents for a fun visit spent laughing and planning their wedding.

Today I am starting a whole new chapter in my life- more reason to celebrate! I quit my very high stress full time job and am going to take some time off before looking for a part time job that will take me up to when I officially retire. So I will have more time for stamping and blogging and scrapping and the huge to-do list I have without getting up every day at 5:00 am and working 8 hours at a job where my hard work was unappreciated.

Stamp Simply's challenge this week was to make a female or Mother's Day card. With pinks and butterflies, I think this card qualifies. No stamping on this card! The butterfly image is a Penny Black sticker and the "celebrate" is a rub-on. The butterfly punch is one of my favorites and is by Tonic.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Stunning! And absolutely perfect for the challenge!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's "Stamp Simply" Mother's Day challenge!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Great card -- just lovely! And Congrats on your new-found freedom! Thanks so much for playing the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!

Arts by Sara said...

Your card is beautiful! Congrats on the new chapter of your life! I wish the best and most relaxing time! Can't wait to see what you decide to make next! Happy Mother's Day and Happy Creating! Sara