Friday, May 21, 2010

Cardabilities Sketch #3 & Scrapmasters Color Combo #48

 


I used the colors from the Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo #48 challenge (old olive, crushed curry and tempting turquoise) and the sketch from Cardabilities #3 to make this card. I am trying to design thank you notes for the showers my daughter-in-law to be will have this year leading up to my son's wedding and this can be used for one of them, but I may change the picture. But this pix worked perfectly with the colors and the flower was cut out of velum with nesties and sponged and attached with a sparkly brad. I didn't the right color brad so I colored a white one with my blue copic. How did we ever manage before without our nesties, punches and copics?

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Arts by Sara said...

Awesome job Karen...and to answer your question...I have no idea! I would be lost without all those new toys!!! Happy Creating! Sara

Terri Trotter Earley said...

That photo works so well with the color combo. Great job!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

How vibrant and pretty! Love your take on the sketch!!! Thanks for playing along at Cardabilities!!

Liz Weber said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love that image, the colours are brilliant. Thanks for joining us at cardabilities.

RobbynW said...

That photo IS perfect for the SPCC color challenge! Great job Karen!
Robbyn - SP Diva

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So pretty!!! Love the photo!

Deanne SP Diva

Juanita said...

Great thank you card, not sure how we made it without all those goodies before, especially the copics. Can't live without them now, lol. Thanks for joining us at SPCC.

Unknown said...

Great card!! Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities!

Stephanie said...

Wow! This is beautiful! Great job! Thanks for joining us at SPCC!