Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stamp Simply and Raisin Boat

 


Stamp Simply's challenge this week was to use hearts and the color red. That gave me a chance to use my first rented set from Raisin Boat. What is Raisin Boat? Check out this article:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/business/article_4ea04110-b897-5b4c-916b-826383092413.html

and then go to their website www.raisinboat.com.

I have signed up for their trial membership (two sets a month) after I saw all the cool stamps on their website that I could rent and use and return if I want or keep at a reduced price. Talk about great service- I signed up and two days later I had my first two sets in my queue along with the postage free envelopes to return them when I was done. I also got a free stamp with my order- a very cute heart with flowers that I will show you on another post.

This first card is using their "Playing Cupid" set. I wanted to make some more Valentine cards for my blog as this holiday approaches, but didn't want to necessarily buy any more sets for this once a year love day. But now that I have the set and love some of the images, I may have to keep this one:)

The round border images on the bottom are circle stamps I stamped and punched out and covered half with a pink strip with two more Raisin Boat images and Cuttlebug "with love" border embossed image. Two cute hearts on a string are added to the sides. The floral heart was stamped on white in red and then cut out and embossed with a Nestie heart. Cut the circle and scalloped circle with Nesties too and attached sticking up over the top of the card.

Stamping smiles, Karen

2 comments:

Janine said...

Great card for Sharon's challenge!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a darling card! Rented stamps -- HUH -- not that's a new one to me -- LOL!!! Thanks much for playing the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!!!