Thursday, September 14, 2017

Another Pop Up Christmas Card with Karen Burniston Dies

The front of my card is very pretty with a beautiful die from Penny Black and a lovely dp with a deer. But if you follow me or know Karen Burniston's dies, you know the best is yet to come:



Right?? So cool to have a Christmas tree pop up when the card is opened and it was not hard to make at all. Of course, I always watch the videos Karen Burniston does on all her pop up dies and I followed the one for the 1020 Christmas Tree Pop-up step for step and the tree went together very easily. I made a "tree skirt" like she suggested using a scalloped circle die from Tonic Studios and added her "Merry Christmas" from the Word Set 3 - Holidays for the perfect greeting. I added some sticker gems for ornaments and glued the star on the top of the tree. Here is another look:


The dp was in my stash and I only had one of that kind. But I cut it into 4 equal parts and the last one went on the back of the card. When cutting the apparatus that holds the trunk of the tree up, there is a cut in the front and back of the red card base, so those need to be covered up and this pretty dp worked perfectly for that. Love how the card turned out!

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land. Thanks for helping me #share the joy of creativity.

3 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Another cute pop up. That tree is cute as can be.

Fikreta said...

its wonderful card!
have a nice day

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a fun card to get. I can just imagine how thrilled one would be to find a popped up tree inside it. Love your design.