Friday, June 2, 2017

A Foiled Masculine Thank You Card


I needed a masculine thank you card recently and created this one with the positive and negative foiled sheets I made with a Patterns II Foilable from Creative Vision Stamps, Emerald Watercolor Deco Foil and some new dies. Here are the steps I used to create this card:

1. After heating up my laminator, I layered a piece of Emerald Watercolor Deco Foil on top of a Patterns II Foilable (which is a piece of cardstock with a pattern made out of toner from Creative Vision Stamps) in a folded piece of parchment paper and ran it through my laminator. (I recommend the Royal Sovereign brand of laminator- very inexpensive and works great!)

2. After removing the piece of foil from the background piece, I layered that leftover piece on a piece of Deco Foil Toner Sheet in the folded parchment paper and ran that through the heated laminator again. 

3. I adhered the white and green foiled background onto a black A2 cardbase. 

4. Next I die cut Tim Holtz's Sizzix Cityscape Skyline die out of black cardstock and also out of the negative foiled sheet and attached them offsetting the buildings to the bottom of the card front.

5. I die cut "thanks" (from Taylored Expressions) out of the negative foil sheet and also out of black fun foam, adhered them together with Nuvo Deluxe Fine Tip Adhesive and attached it to the card front to complete the masculine thank you card.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and the Masculine challenge at Dies R Us.

Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!

7 comments:

Maria said...

A beautiful foiled masculine card! Very eye pleasing and interesting...love it!! Thanks so much for joining us for the 'Masculine' challenege at Dies R Us this month!

Darlene said...

OH WOW! this is awesome Karen! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Masculine’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Celeste Goff said...

Love! Great cityscape and I love the foiling!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful foiled background and I love that you added the cityscape die.

Mandy said...

Fabulous masculine card Karen! The scene you've created looks wonderful
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Such a fantastic card! Love the colors and the urban feel to this! Hugs, Autumn

laurie said...

Awesome idea! Love your city scene. Thanks for joining us at Dies R us!