Thursday, May 11, 2017

Best Wishes Butterfly Glitter Card with Tonic Studios and Nuvo


I recently needed a "Best Wishes" card for a special friend and today I am sharing how I made this card. I chose the Fluttered Fence Die and Embossing Set from Tonic Studios, and embossed a 6x6 white cardbase. I attached a piece of thick white cardstock to a sheet of Sookang two side tape and ran the butterfly topper die from the Tonic set through my Tangerine. The two sided tape sheet is cut, but not the bottom heavy cardstock, so I can take off each piece and put the different colors of glitter where I want it. I used Tonic's Tim Holtz craft knife to cut around the butterflies first, removed the top piece of the two sided tape paper of just the butterflies and dumped on Nuvo's Cosmo Berry Sparkle Dust. I burnished it down and then pulled off the leafy border covering. On that part I applied Fresh Kiwi Sparkle Dust and burnished that in. Here is a picture of how it looked at this point: 



Then I removed the rest of the tape sheet cover pieces and applied Nuvo Rose Quartz Sparkle Dust. I also die cut Tonic Studio's Best Wishes and a small butterfly from the Layering Butterfly Set One out of Sookang two sided tape paper and covered them with the gorgeous Nuvo super fine Sparkle Dust as well. It is hard to capture the amazing sparkle in this card, but here is a close up where it might show:



I added a few gems to complete the sparkle and shine best wishes card. 


Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!


2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is indeed a beauty! Great job on creating this wonderful card design.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Karen - love all the sparkle in that final photo.
Blessings
Maxine