Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Altenew Layered Floral Cover Dies Series - Day One


Jennifer McGuire is such an enabler! I see some dies or stamps I really want, but am able to resist. But then I see a video or blogpost from Jennifer McGuire and she shows me so many cool ways to use the dies or stamps and there is no more resisting- I must have them! That was the case with the new layering dies from Altenew. I especially loved the floral ones as shown here, but was able to resist until I saw Jennifer's video and blogpost here showing me six different ways to use them. They are pricey- we need to buy two large background dies- but wait until you see all the looks easily achieved with them. I am doing a series of the cards I made just this weekend and you will see why I am loving these dies.

This wonderful purple card was so easy to make. I simply die cut Altenew's Floral Layered Cover Die A in dark purple and B in a lighter purple, glued them together and then glued them onto a white A2 card base. You will want to use a liquid glue to adhere the two layers together so you can move them to exactly the right spot. My favorite liquid adhesive right now is Nuvo's Fine Tip Deluxe Adhesive. The fine tip makes it easy to apply just the right amount right where you need it and it dries completely clear if a little does show on your project. I did a search and found this awesome Nuvo glue available here and here. I do not know these sellers from personal experience, but did want to share where you can find this great glue.

I die cut "wonderful" from a new Penny Black set and attached that to a strip of vellum with the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive. then attached that strip with a couple small purple brads. I just discovered this tip too - I like to add a die cut sentiment to the front of my cards, but sometimes the back is so busy, it is hard to have the sentiment stand out. But if you place it on a piece of vellum, it "floats" on top and is easy to read, yet shows the pretty card front too.


Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!

4 comments:

Fikreta said...

so very nice!

Sherri said...

What a gorgeous card! LOVE the colors! What a terrific design! Thanks for joining our "Flower" challenge at Dies R Us!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your card. I admit I have been tempted by those dies too. So far I have resisted and I think they will have to be on a wish list for a later time. I had to buy a new laminator so that took some of my craft budget down a bit.

Darlene said...

Just beautiful Karen! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Flowers’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.