I create Christmas cards all year round to teach to my in home classes and so I am under no pressure closer to the holidays to get mine done. This pretty but CAS front hides a fun pop it up surprise in the center of the card. I die cut and attached a lovely stitched snowflake from Poppystamps and added the beautiful Christmas Blessings from Sue Wilson at Creative Expressions to a belly band that holds the card closed. What happens when you slide that off?
As you know if you are a regular reader, I am a big fan of Karen Burniston's line of Pop It Up dies at Elizabeth Crafts. The inside of this card was created with her Anita Frames Pop It Up die. The inside of the card looks so impressive, but is so easy to make with this die.
Here are a few more views of this fun pop it up inside to this card. And here are some basic instructions for this card:
1. The navy blue card base was cut 6" x 9" and folded in half.
2. The white inside piece was cut 8 1/2" x 5 1/2 and folded in half. The Anita Frames main die was placed with the center marks right on the center fold using temporary tape and run through my Tonic Tangerine Die-cutting Machine.
3. Following the instructions in this video by Karen Burniston, I folded the score lines from the outside to the inside and Anita Frames shape is easily formed.
4. Laying the inside piece flat, I stamped the snowflake and sentiment on the right pop out frame. (All the stamps are from a set called Let it Snow that came with an UK stamping magazine.)
5. Die cut a stitched frame and the upper and lower pieces out of a snowflake designer paper, Stamp JOY on the stitched frame and attach all to the Anita Frame Pop It Up with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
6. Die cut Poppystamp's Snowflake Breeze out of navy cardstock and attach with the fine tip Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
7. Attach the pop it up inside to the navy cardbase with strong two sided tape one side at a time.
8. The belly band was cut 1 1/2" x 10 1/2" and folded loosely around the card, then adhered in the back with a two sided tape roller. I attached the sentiment with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive and added some sparkly gems to complete the card.
I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp and the April Link Party at Crop Stop.