Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thankful for Nuvo Sparkle and Thanksgiving Blessings



Thanksgiving will be here before you know it, and I am grateful for family, dear friends and the opportunity to design with Nuvo sparkle and Tonic Studios dies. I recently pulled out my Nuvo Glimmer Pastes, Sparkle Dust fine glitters, Pure Sheen Glitters, Embellishment Mousse and Crystal Drops to create some Thanksgiving sparkle. I am fascinated with the different looks easily achieved with the Nuvo glitters and Glimmer Pastes. I die cut four red maples leaves using a die from the September Harvest Die set. The two on the left were die cut out of two sided tape paper from Sookang, and I applied Nuvo’s Hollywood Red Sparkle Dust fine glitter to one and Nuvo’s Pure Sheen Ruby Red glitter to the other.  I used an inexpensive large brush to add Golden Crystal and Garnet Red Glimmer Paste to the leaves on the right. Each leaf is beautiful in its own sparkly way! I continued to play with different dies and colors of Nuvo sparkle and shine and created a Blessings card and a Thanksgiving centerpiece. 

For both my Thanksgiving projects, I die cut a multitude of different kinds of leaves from Tonic’s three Autumn Die Collections out of fall colored cardstock and two sided tape sheets. Then I “colored” them with Nuvo Glimmer Pastes, Sparkle Dust fine glitters and Pure Sheen glitters. I also die cut some acorns and twigs and “colored” those with brown Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.



I die cut my wreath card out of gold cardstock using several circular layering die sets from Tonic. Then I attached a fall harvest of sparkly leaves and a couple acorns all around the wreath front using my Nuvo and Tonic glue pens.

Through the open center of the wreath, you can see a digital stamp of one of my favorite sayings “when I count my BLESSINGS, I count you twice” that I found shared here. I printed it on orange cardstock, cut it out with one of Tonic’s Scalloped Circle Layering Basics dies and added some English Mustard Crystal Drops. 


I used the rest of my sparkly leaves, twigs and acorns in a Thanksgiving centerpiece for my table. Using an inexpensive large brush, I brushed Golden Crystal and Garnet Red Glimmer Pastes on the edges of many pinecones found in a friend’s woods. The glittery leaves fill the center of the centerpiece and twigs and other elements from the three Autumn Die Collections are mixed in at different heights. I die cut a Thanksgiving sentiment using Tonic’s Mixed Edge Rectangle, Miniature Moments Many Thanks and the Clarice Lowercase Alphabet die sets and attached it to the centerpiece handle.


My Thanksgiving table is all set – it just needs the turkey, pumpkin pie and loved ones gathered around.


Here is the list of the supplies I used in these Thanksgiving projects:

DIES: Circle dies from 481E Circle Layering Die Set and 1455E Scalloped Circle Layering Basic Die Set, 1457E Mixed Edge Rectangles Basic Layering Set; Leaves, acorns, twigs etc. from 1430E Pinecone Season, 1431E Autumnal Oak and 1432E September Harvest; 1252E Many Thanks Miniature Moments Die, 1123E Clarice Lower Case Alphabet Set.

NUVO: Glimmer Pastes Garnet Red, Emerald Green, Golden Crystal; Sparkle Dust Fresh Kiwi, Cinnamon Spice, Hollywood Red; Pure Sheen Glitter Spiced Apricot, Ruby Red; Embellishment Mousse Cosmic Brown, Fresh Copper; Crystal Drops English Mustard.

TOOLS & MISC.: Tonic Tangerine Die Machine, Tonic Advantage V Blade Trimmer, Tonic Funky Glue Pen, Nuvo Glue Pen; Other: Digital Blessings Sentiment by Desert Diva, Sookang two sided tape sheets, pine cones.

Wishing you and yours a blessed and peaceful Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful projects Karen - pity the photos never do sparkle justice! These must be amazing IRL
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful projects and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

Craftychris said...

Love both your gorgeous card and fabulous table decoration! So much detail and wonderful colours. xxx

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! These are so pretty!! I LOVE the fun cards you created and the table decoration ROCKS!!!