Monday, November 28, 2016

CASED Snowflake Stenciled Card


A long time ago, I pinned this card at the Snippets blog with the intent of CASING it and I finally made my own version of this lovely CAS card. In case you do not know these acronyms, CAS is Clean and Simple, and CASE is Copy and Steal Everything, or as I prefer, Copy and Selectively Edit. I did use the same stitched snowflake die as Karen D. did - in fact I bought the Stitched Snowflake set at Lawn Fawn because I loved her card so much. I did use the same color palette too, but slightly different distress inks (I used Fossilized Amber.) I die cut the front of my card with a large stitched rectangle die from Lil' Inker and I added the "Noel" sentiment from Tim Holtz for Sizzix. I raised my stitched snowflake on a white fun foam snowflake. And the stencil I used for my background was a new one called Bevelled Diamond from Tonic Studios. 

I am entering this card in the Christmas to Die For challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

I can see why you pinned the original to CASE Karen - this is fabulous.
Blessings
Maxine

Celeste Goff said...

What a fun technique! Very pretty!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful snowflake card design!

jenn shurkus said...

i love the gold background!! thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!