Friday, July 1, 2016

Happy Birthday USA with Die-Versions Dies

Happy 4th of July weekend everyone! It's my turn to post a card on Die-Version's blog and mine, and I am sharing this  Happy Fourth of July card featuring Die-Version’s Whispers-USA die and the glittery Kiss Cut Technique.  I cut a red center stair step card base and added a “Celebrate” die cut and some die cut and punched stars. The USA flag piece was made using the Kiss Cut Technique that I learned about on this video tutorial. The key is to apply two side tape sheets to thick cardstock and die cut your die with a sandwich that does not cut through all the layers. I used a craft pick to take off the stripes of the flag and dumped red glitter on just that part. I repeated that with the blue in the flag, then removed the rest of the sticky cover and dumped on white glitter, burnishing in each color of glitter.

It is going to be a glorious holiday weekend here in Wisconsin and we are planning on celebrating with some baseball and fireworks and relaxation. I hope you have plans for fun and celebration too.

**Remember you can get a 15% discount on any of Die-Version’s great dies by simply using my discount code karen15 when you check out at the Die-Versions website.**

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and at The House that Stamps Built (Repeat Impressions.)

3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

A great Fourth of July card.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen, I love the whole 4th of July theme, absolutely fabulous! LOVE it :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Heather said...

Fabulous card! I LOVE that glittery centerpiece. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.