Friday, March 11, 2016

We Cracked the 500 Follower Mark! Blog Candy Announcement

I have been working hard commenting all over the place and asking new friends to follow my blog after losing so many followers when the blogger change happened. Just yesterday we cracked the goal of 500 followers and now this blog has 501 friends on Google Connect and 102 friends on Bloglovin! WOO HOO! I appreciate each and every follower and subscriber and friends who leave such lovely comments everyday! Thank you so much!

I put the names of everyone who qualified for the blog candy by leaving a comment and following on slips of paper and drew a winner. The winner of the huge pile of blog candy is...................................... DRUMROLL Please..............

LauraJane! 

LauraJane left this comment on March 9:

"Hi Karen! Thanks for being my newest follower and for inviting me over to your blog! Your cards are super detailed! I've looked around and see the Send a Smile 4 Kids link and will be heading over there as well:) My kids get excited about making cards for other kids, can they participate too? Have a blessed day!"

Thanks Laura! I will send you an email to get your snail mail address and mail out your package of goodies as soon as I can.

**EDITED TO ADD: Here is LauraJane's surprising response:

Well, Thank you Karen!!
What a LOVELY surprise, on this Friday morning, to here from you. I've won so many goodies lately I feel richly BLESSED.  Every time these good things come my way I feel the LORD saying, 'yes, You are meant to be making cards...see I will provide for you'.  It would be wonderful to pass your goodies on to the next follower if that is not too much to ask of you. I did not follow you for the candy, and my STASH is really, REALLY full these days:) Thanks again, and Congrats on your Designer GIG for Scrappy Land:)) Hugs, LauraJane

Good news for Alicia of Golden Goddess Designs who is the new winner!! Here is her comment from March 10th: 

"wooohooo! Karen I am new follower #497!!! I know how you feel, I am so close to 300 and then the google thing...I lost 12-15 followers during that change. Good luck! You are so close! Any day now! Alicia"

So now I will be contacting Alicia for her snail mail address and making her day:)

7 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Congrats to LauraJane! :D

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

God bless you all, for its great to be encouraged in this way, and encourage others also.:D
Puts a smile on your dial...
Shaz in Oz.x

Golden Goddess Designs said...

that is so super sweet! I am having one of those days! So this really brightened mine! thanks so much Laurajane and Karen!!

Alicia

LauraJane:) said...

Congratulations Alicia!!

April said...

Now that is paying it forward. :-) Congrats Alicia.
April

Verna Angerhofer said...

How nice for you to reach your goal and what a sweet gesture on Laura Jane's part to have you pass her good fortune on. I am sure Alicia is very happy too.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Karen, I have tried to contact you via the "contact me" button at the side...I am assuming you have not received that email?

Alicia