Monday, March 7, 2016

Sponging and Stencil Prayers and Hugs


I have been having more fun playing with stencils and Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud Blending Inks and Creative Expressions Smoothies. This applicator is the best blending tool I have ever used! I sponged some Natural Rosewood Blending Ink through a stencil and then cut a butterfly out with a Penny Black die. I sponged on some pink and popped it back in lifting the wings a bit. I die cut and stamped a lovely sentiment from Simon Says Stamp and layered on a burgandy card base.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Creative Fingers and Simply Papercraft.

3 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous soft feel for this card, love the background and the sweet butterfly!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Karen - love the butterfly treatment.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is beautiful and a great job of sponging. At first I thought you had used vellum and that the pattern below was showing through.