Friday, October 2, 2015

Boooogie Nights with Crackerbox Palace and Bisters


It's Crackerbox Palace Friday and today I am sharing a Halloween card I made with Crackerbox Palace’s awesome stamps, Bister powders and some new dies. Black Bister powders sprinkled on watercolor paper and spritzed with water results in a background that looks like a cloudy stormy night. I just purchased the bats dies (Impression Obsession) and the bare trees die (Penny Black) and I thought they would be perfect on a Halloween card cut in black. I stamped Crackerbox Palace’s “Booo”gie Nights and the trick or treating kids using my MISTI so I could easily stamp them several times in black ink on the stormy Bister background. I love how this card turned out!

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and 613 Avenue Create, and the "Get your Boo On" challenge at Dies R Us.

7 comments:

Glenda said...

This is such a creative piece! I love the background. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us for the 'Get Your "Boo" On' challenge!

Darlene said...

Hi Karen! WOW this is just awesome! Such a spoooky background! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘GET YOUR “BOO” ON’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Karen! I really love your Halloween card! Perfect amount of spookiness and fun! Great to learn about the products you used, too. Thanks for visiting my blog www.bitsofcheer.blogspot.com and leaving such nice comments. I'm one of your followers and greatly admire all that you do!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cool Halloween card and the background is perfect.

Virginia L. said...

S-boo-tacular, Karen! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Sandy said...

I love this card and think this is such a wonderful project. I better get busy!!
sandy xx

Nancy Hill said...

Been seeing your cards for a few years now and love this one as well. Love the sentiment and purple sky. Very adorable. Nancy