Friday, September 25, 2015

Celebrating Fall with Die-Versions Dies


Fall is my favorite season! I love the cooler temperatures, beautiful colors and football! I am having so much fun with my gorgeous new dies from Die-Versions that I could not stop at just one fall card. My first card above features the lovely “Patterned Pumpkin” die from Die-Versions. I die cut it out of polka-dotted orange and green paper and also out of black fun foam. I layered them together for great dimension. I stamped the background piece with a Stampendous background stamp called “Dream Text” with brown ink. Then I embossed the piece with a swirly leaf embossing folder from Darice. I sponged on some Wild Honey Distress Ink and attached to a brown card base. I attached the pumpkin and also the “Friends” die cut from Die-Versions.


My second card features two smaller fall dies from the Wee Petites collection. I die cut the two maple leaves and a pumpkin out of chipboard.  I melted several layers of embossing powders from Stampendous and Stampamania on the leaves and pumpkin, and then stamped each with a rubber stamp while the embossing powders were still molten. I embossed a gold and green cardbase with a fall words embossing folder from Sizzix, and attached the colorful leaves and pumpkin.

**Remember you can get a 15% discount on any of Die-Versions great dies by simply using my discount code karen15 when you check out at the Die-Versions website. **

I am entering the first pumpkin card in the challenge at Scrapy Land to use a stamp and a die from one of those they sell. I, of course, used Die-Versions dies. I am also entering the 2nd card in the challenge at Simon Says Stamp to use NO designer paper.

7 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Both of these look great. Love the polka dotted pumpkin.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Karen, The first one appeals to me with all the texture in the background as well as that wonderful pumpkin die.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome cards. I love that cool pumpkin die you used on the first one.

Jacee said...

Great designs Karen
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic Fal cards, Karen! I especially like your poke-a-dotted swirly pumpkin! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope you will join us again! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Mandy said...

Wonderful cards Karen! These capture Autumn beautifully & I love the pumpkin die.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Lori Kobular said...

Karen ~ two great Fall cards! I love the big polka dotted pumpkin and the embossed background on your first card and your second card is so cute with the maple leaves and pumpkin! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #26!