Saturday, June 20, 2015

Animal Cards 4 Kids Challenge at SAS4Kids


It’s Saturday and time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids! This time our challenge is Animal Cards 4 Kids!  Create and link any card with animals for a child, and you could win one of our great prizes.

We have three very generous sponsors for this challenge:  Crackerbox Palace is giving their winner 3 digis of their choice!  All Dressed Up Stamps is giving their randomly picked winner 2 digis!  And Dee Dee’s Digi’s winner gets a $15 gift certificate! TEAM S.A.S will also be choosing their favorite cards for our top three and the winners will receive a blog badge and an opportunity to be a guest design team member on a future challenge.

My first card above features a flying horse from Crackerbox Palace. I paper pieced the horse with purple and yellow designer papers after stamping him on a white cardbase. I punched a bunch of circles from scraps of watercolor paper I had colored with Brusho Colored Crystal and Glimmer Mist sprays. I also die cut the "hey" from Paper Smooches from those colored scraps. I cut the circles in half and attached on blue pieces cut diagonally. Then I attached those pieces with pop dots to raise them.



My second card features a sweet digital stamp called Little Treasures from All Dressed Up. As usual, I paper pieced the image with designer paper. I created a card front with green checked dp and white cardstock and cut it out with a stitched rectangle die from Lil Inker. I cut out a white square, attached a green dp half square and rounded the corners before attaching the sweet teddy with his friend. The "hooray" die is from Penny Black.


I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenges at Fresh Brewed Blog and Penny's Paper-Crafty.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Karen these are gorgeous cards - love the horse and semi-circles, and the wee teddy is so sweet.
Blessings
Maxine

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous card Karen. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great cards for the kids. I especially like the last one. Such a neat piecing of the images.

Vicky Briggs said...

Such great colors for kids. Love the card! I like the circles you punched, it makes the image look so colorful.
I hope you don't mind if I share this on our fb and blog.
Vicky Briggs