Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Holidays 4 Kids at Send a Smile 4 Kids!


It’s Saturday and time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids! This time our challenge is Happy Holidays 4 Kids! Create and link any holiday card for a child and you could win one of our great prizes. It is not required that you donate your holiday card(s), but we sure would love it if every child in the hospitals we serve both received a Christmas card and was able to pick out some to share with relatives or friends they are missing while inpatient in the children’s hospital.

We have three very generous sponsors for this challenge: Bugaboo is giving their winner 7 digis of their choice! Kenny K. is giving their randomly picked winner 3 digis of their choice!  And Oak Pond Creation’s winner gets 1 digi of their choice! TEAM S.A.S will also be choosing their favorite cards for our top three and the winners will receive a blog badge and an opportunity to be a guest design team member on a future challenge.

My first card above features a sweet digi from Bugaboo called Penguin Joy. I printed the digi on white cardstock, paper pieced the letters with my favorite Christmas dp, and colored the penguin with Copics. I rounded the corners on that piece and the dp and layered them onto a red square card. 
My second card features a cute digi from Kenny K. called Christmas Tree. The little girl and boy are having so much fun decorating their tree! As usual I paper pieced their clothes and the tree and did a little coloring with gel pens and Copics. I embossed Santa coming down the chimney and added "Believe" from a set by Tim Holtz. 

I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenge at Through the Craft Room Door and the Occasions challenge at Just Inspirational.

3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful Christmas cards. I especially like the pieced plaid paper on the letters. That really kicks that card up a notch or two!

tinanoute said...

Any pussy, thank you for your participation on JIC Tinanoute

Lillian A said...

My favorite card is the Joy penguin - great idea to paper piece the letters, and the plaid is perfect for this. Bugaboo has some of the cutest images - and I just purchased this digi, so will have to try it out myself. Great Christmas card idea, Karen !