Monday, November 17, 2014

First Christmas Card with Brusho Crystal Colours

If you follow me, you know I love me my Bisters and have had a blast creating with them these last few months. I heard of Brusho Crystal Colours which are similar powders that you can also sprinkle on watercolor paper and spritz with water to release their colors and was curious how they compared. A friend bought some and brought hers over recently for a play date. Now that's my kind of play date:) This is one of the first cards I made. I used the same stencil from Tim Holtz that I showed yesterday on the blog. This time I taped it down over a piece of water color paper and sprinkled on greens, reds, and lighter brown Brushos and spritzed with water. The result was this lovely watercolor look background. The first thing I noticed about Brusho powders is that most of the colors are truer without the brown undertones of Bister powder. I liked that, but some of the backgrounds I created were kinda boring without that.

To complete this card, I added two lines of thin washi tape, the same script Peace diecut I used yesterday and a new circle scribbles die from Papertrey Ink.

Santa came early to my house. He said I could go shopping in a Milwaukee mall and pick out clothes and/or jewelry I wanted for Christmas. I smiled and asked : if I really don't need jewelry or clothes, can I go on line (to Dick Blick here) and get what I really want? Santa said yes and two days later I had my Brusho Crystal Colors.  So far I like both Bisters and Brushos, but will be experimenting and sharing more cards with you.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Treasured Times and Paper Creator's Crafts.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Karen, your background looks fabulous. Carol x

Ann said...

Beautiful card, and loved the red, black and white one you did also. Looks like you have been experimenting and having some fun.

Brenda said...

Another fabulous card Karen! I am really loving what I've been seeing with crafter's using this Brusho stuff. It looks so fun Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a super great Christmas card. I had heard of the Brusho colors too, but had not ordered. But I am glad you are doing a comparison and I might have to invest in a few of these as well. At any rate, I love the way you used the stencil design with them.

Cazzy said...

Very nice Karen, I just bought some Brushos with a voucher I won, and I am wondering about making a hole in the lids, like the video I watched, and if the crystals will get damp if I do that.

What did you do?

Carol

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a wonderful background.
Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator for our Anything Goes Challenge.
Pauline
x