Thursday, July 31, 2014

Die Cuts and Stencils- My Addictions

OK- I admit it- I am totally addicted to die cuts and stencils- just can't get enough and I am not even going to try to get over the addiction. Too much fun to play with them! The flower and the border are new die cuts from Memory Box. The background was created with a Tim Holtz stencil attached to cream colored cardstock. Then I applied Versamark through the openings in the stencil,  and heat embossed clear embossing powder after removing the stencil. I applied Adirondack re-inker colors with a water brush and let dry. Then I removed the embossing powder with an iron for this very cool background look. The sentiment is from my new favorite set of words from Avery Elle. I rounded the corners to complete the card.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes (with a die cut) challenge at Die Cut Divas and the challenge at Our Daily Bread to use stencils or sponging.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

I just bought a stencil, now on to try it on a card! Love your card... and thanks for the technique instructions. Would love for you to visit my blog.
http://u-inspire-me.blogspot.com/

Vicky Briggs said...

Beautiful card. It is very interesting with the different colors and patterns. Great job.
Vicky

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, this is so pretty. You make me want to throw caution to the wind and instead of attending to business, getting all my things out and playing. But I will resist until mid August at least. Every day from now on is filled to the brim with other activities but I still enjoy viewing what others are doing in the crafting world!

Brenda said...

They are way to much fun to play with!! I love, love your card Karen. The flowers are just beautiful and I love your background. Fun, fun, fun! Hugs, Brenda

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card, Karen!! I just love the bright colors against the black and white border and the added blue embellishing in your flowers. Thanks for joining us at the ODBD challenge this week!!

Kim Heggins said...

What a sweet card and I love that sentiment.

Daisylove Creations said...

Beautiful card, love the sentiment!! Thanks for joining us over at Die Cuttin Divas!!
Diana