Monday, January 20, 2014

CAS Butterfly Hello


I am taking a class on February 1st at our local Stamp Shoppe from the artist who created this beautiful butterfly from Susan Louise Arts on special paper that you can sponge with distress ink and then flick water on to create this fun look. This was my first try and I know I will learn much more from her to make this type of background. I think I needed more water or less of a fine mist to make the background better? But I do like how it turned out anyway. The "hello" is from Paper Smooches and the die cuts are Nestabilities.

I am entering this card in the NEW challenge at Addicted to CAS (the butterfly paper from Susan Louise is new to me) and the CAS challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room.

Stamping smiles, Karen

2 comments:

sandie said...

How fun to be going to this class but you did a great job with this card anyway. The butterfly looks stunning against your background. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

Lena said...

Beautiful card. The butterfly really "pops" on the solid background.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
Lena – DT Member
xxx
Lena’s Creations