Tuesday, December 3, 2013

More CAS Christmas Star Cards


Did I mention I love the new SU Christmas Star stamp? I stamped it on patterned paper this time with a light blue ink, then cut out and scored all the lines. I attached it with two pop dots for dimension. I embossed the white piece with a Darice embossing folder, then layered on the same dp and then on a white card base.


I made a similar black and white version, but guess what the star is? When I put on the sticker from Stampin' Up that shows what the stamp is onto their cling stamps, I have trouble getting it to cling to the acrylic blocks. Since this was not the type of stamp where it really matters what is up and what is down, I did not apply the sticker to the stamp. So I made a card with it instead. Can you tell I forgot I had a snowy embossing folder by Cuttlebug that was just along one side when I bought the new Darice one recently? Compare the two cards and tell me- did I really need another one? Oh well- I can share with someone less crazy about buying embossing folders:)

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenges at Challenges 4 Everybody and  Scribble and Scrap. Also in the Christmas challenge at Crafty Hazelnut's since I just got such a lovely invite and don't want to back date the one she commented on.

Stamping smiles, Karen

1 comment:

Alyx said...

Lovely CAS cards.

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx