Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October Stamp Classes Cards


I decided to start sharing here the cards I am teaching in the classes in my home each month, and to also let you know (if you are local), that I am in the process of organizing the new 6 month sessions starting in January. Contact me at khasheck at gmail dot com for more details or if you would like to take the class by mail.

The card above is a gatefold card with the pink and green rings interlocking to frame the flower in the center. The flower was made with 8 layers of the creped filter paper (from Stampin' Up.) I cut it with two different sizes of Nestabilities and punched a brad through to hold it together. I crumpled each layer of the filter paper and then sponged the edges with pink ink.

The second card we made was a baby card from a cute template I had purchased on the Stamping T! blog a while back. The class did the embossing (Stampin' Up and Cuttlebug embossing folders), and wove the shoe laces after attaching the eyelets.

Our third card was a punch art Santa that would be perfect for a child. Normally we do a lot more stamping in the cards we make, but this month's cards were more embossing and punches and die cut ideas.

I am entering these cards in the Embossing challenge at Craft Your Passion, and the challenge at  Created with Love to use real or faux stitching (faux stitching on baby shoe card.)

Stamping Smiles, Karen

5 comments:

Chris Hanselman said...

What a unique project. Thanks for joining our Stitching Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris

craftin-dawn said...

wow how cute! Love the shoe lacing and your Faux stitching!! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Sewing Faux or Real Challenge!
DawnD

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Love both of the cards. I have that Santa and all my grandkids loved him.
Thanks for joining us this week at Created with Love Challenge.
Linda K. DT

Blossom Cards said...

what a lovely shoe card thanks for sharing with CWLC this week Rachel DT

alethea said...

Thee are cute!! Thanks for joining us at CYP! HUgsxx