Saturday, August 10, 2013

TTCRD and The Paper Shelter Challenges


I am back- did you miss me (or my new cards everyday?) I took most of the last week off (except for a few design team blog posts I scheduled ahead) for a family vacation to Chicago and then fun times with my grandson visiting, I will post a couple pictures tomorrow so you can see how much fun we had.  But life is back to normal now and I should be posting a new card most every day.

Today's card is going to be entered in the Punches and Dies challenge at The Paper Shelter and the Anything Goes challenge at Through the Craftroom Door. I have slowly been making my way though a pile of dies and other new stuff I have never used, and this quilt die from W Plus 9 was one I had to buy when I first saw it. I love the look of the quilt cards I have pinned, and this die made this one so easy to make.

I simply cut the quilt out in black and two shades of green. I was going to cut another one in a different shade of pink, then decided I liked it just fine with the pink from the front piece coming through the opening in the quilt star. The pink front pieces were attached with pop dots to raise and the sentiment (from Woodware) was stamped on the white card itself.

Stamping smiles, Karen

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Great CAS card Karen! Beautiful quilt!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
Hugs,Sandra