Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happy Father's Day (From the Kids) at SAS4Kids!



It’s Saturday and time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids! This time our challenge is Happy Father’s Day (From the Kids.)  Create and link any card appropriate for a Dad from a child (it does not have to say Happy Father’s Day on it, but it sure can), and you could win one of our great prizes.

We have three very generous sponsors this week: Milk Coffee Stamps is giving their winner 5 digis of their choice! And Bugaboo is giving their randomly picked winner 7 digital images of their choice! Robyn’s Fetish’s winner will receive 2 digis of their choice!  TEAM S.A.S will also be choosing their favorite cards for our top three and the winners will receive a blog badge and an opportunity to be a guest design team member on a future challenge.

I just love the little boy dressing up like Dad in my first card above. He is called "Just Like Dad" and is a digital stamp from Milk Coffee Stamps. Isn't he sweet? I paper pieced his outfit and briefcase and colored the rest with my Copics. I think he wants to follow in Dad's footprints, so I used an embossing folder from Spellbinders as a background, highlighting the footprints with ink. I cut the front white piece and attached it with pop dots to raise. The sentiment is a digi from Digi Darla's. 


My second card features a super cute digital set by Bugaboo. I embossed the peanuts to look like the real thing and paper pieced the rest. I cut apart the sentiment with my deckle scissors and cut the hole in the blue piece with a circle die by Spellbinders. I added some hand drawn lines and a baker's twine tie to complete the card. 

I am entering these cards in the "For the Boys" challenge at Delicious Doodles and the challenge at Stampin' for the Weekend to use dies or punches.

Stamping smiles 4 our kids, Karen 

1 comment:

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous card you have made here. It fits our challenge this week well of “something for the guys”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)