Sunday, May 19, 2013

Flower Cards for Silhouette Sunday


Flower cards are sooo easy to make with the Silhouette! I am fascinated with the positives and negatives of each die and played with them for this card I am entering in the Weekly Shape Challenge at the Silhouette Blog.  We have several options this week to use for their challenge. There is a neat border set we could use, or the free shapes offered this week by Silhouette - this circle Thanks or a vacation sentiment. I chose to design with the circle Thanks. It was a plain circle that I could have cut with any paper, but I decided to play with the "Fill Gradient" feature and added some fun purple lines before cutting it out. There are many many options of patterns and colors to choose, then you print it and cut it. I am a rookie yet, but was very proud of myself and happy when I figured this out! The card base is white, and I cut the floral shape out on a dark purple and light purple. I embossed the darker purple piece with more flowers, punched out a circle in the corner and layered the flowers together. I added a couple flower gems to complete the card.


My second card this week is also a Thank You card featuring two beautiful cutting files from the Silhouette Store. I simply cut the rose in red, and cut the border of the white card. Then I layered the same red under the Thanks border. Simple but beautiful.

Lilacs are my favorite spring flower of all time. I absolutely adore their scent and wish they lasted much longer than they do. My lilac bushes are budding and I can't wait until I can enjoy the look and scent of them in full bloom. I had to buy the lilac cutting file and a pretty vase to put them in. I cut the vase out of a gold patterned paper and backed it with a  black piece.  I cut the lilacs twice and embossed the purple flowers to add some texture. I also embossed and corner rounded the white card base.

I am entering these last two cards in the Flower Power challenge at Simon Says Stamp and the Anything Goes challenge at Silhouette Challenges.

Stamping and Silhouette smiles, Karen

7 comments:

Vicky Briggs said...

WOW! Look at you go with your Silhouette!! I love the Thanks that you colored and cut out. The deep cut is a really nice cut. I like the vase on the last one. I have some wall paper I bet would make some great cut outs. You did a great job on all of these cards!!!
Vicky

Nana said...

Beautiful card love the red and white. Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Migdalia said...

Very BEAUTIFUL cards!Love the Thank You card!Awesome job!
Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Karen said...

Pretty cards! Love them all! Thanks for playing along at Silhouette Challenges! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful cards!! Fab job!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Karen Schroeder said...

I really love your rose card! The border is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Great job, they;re all so pretty!