Monday, July 23, 2012

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week



The stamp of the week this week at Repeat Impressions is this fun Under The Sea image, and it is available this week only for 50% off with the discount code found at Repeat Impressions blog. What a deal! Please visit the blog for all the details and to see the other Rock Star's cards using this stamp.

For my card, I decided to try playing with my alcohol inks again which have been sadly neglected. They were something I just had to have, but rarely pull out. Part of the problem was I was never pleased with the results when I did. But I took a class recently that taught me to dab with them, not swirl and mix too much or the results are muddied. I like this background better although I still am not a whiz at it like some. I cut the glossy paper alcohol ink background into three pieces and separated them a little when I layered on a black card. I stamped the fun Under the Sea image in black Stazon ink and added the sentiment also from Repeat Impressions.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude.

Stamping smiles, Karen

5 comments:

Purple mad Alison said...

Love what you've done with your alcohol inks, I really need to use mine more too!! Add it too the list!
Thanks for joining us over on Fat Pages With Attitude.
Hugs Alison x x

Cheri said...

Well done, Karen! I love the design of this and the bg with the alcohol inks.

Patti J said...

Beautiful!!! You know, I haven't gotten out my alcohol inks in ages - thanks for inspiring me to do so! Love your card, Karen, thanks for sharing :)

hotelvillapadierna said...

Amazing blog to follow!
palace hotel

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Beautiful! I love the colours and the image is fab, thank you for joining in with the fat pages with attitude challenge
Lindsay xx