Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What If? Wed. Sketch Challenge



It's time for another fun sketch challenge at The House that Stamps Built and we are challenging you to make a card using the sketch below and link it up for a chance at some great Repeat Impressions rubber! For all the details on what you can win and to see the other Rock Stars cards using this sketch, please visit our blog.


I really liked the sketch layout this week and followed it very faithfully. Then I looked at it again and realized you could interpret it with triangles and the center piece blank… so it is fun always to use your own interpretation of a sketch. To see other great interpretations of the sketch, be sure to visit our blog here.

I cut a piece of blue shaded velum for my first layer, then added a strip of textured blue cardstock and a blue circle. I stamped the “Under the Sea” scene on glossy paper and sponged some blues to complete the card.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

Stamping smiles, Karen 

6 comments:

Cheri said...

Karen this is so unique in every way. I love how you interpreted the sketch - so creative.

Vicky Briggs said...

really like the blue vellum, very nice card. Feels cool.

joy said...

Cool underwater scene! Love how you used the sketch and used the vellum.

Kecia said...

Karen, I love how you interpreted this sketch with that diagonal centerpiece making the two triangles. Such a great underwater scene!

Lynette said...

What a cool way to do the sketch, Karen! Yep, it's all in how you look at it:) Great card.

happyscrapper said...

I love this card. The image is so fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy, and hope to see you back.
Hugz,
Christine