Sunday, June 24, 2012

Raisin Boat and Paper Play Challenges


It's the first ever challenge at Raisin Boat and their theme is anything goes as long as you use a Raisin Boat stamp. And at Paper Play they are challenging us to use a die. I love my Raisin Boat stamps and my Nestabilities so this was not hard at all. I started with a new embossing folder from Sizzix and layered that red piece on a grey card. Then I stamped three Raisin Boat stamps- my favorite tree, an "edgy accent" and a sentiment-  on a white square and cut it out with a nestie die. I attached with mounting tape to raise and the CAS card was done.

Stamping smiles, Karen

5 comments:

Vicky Briggs said...

Nice Card Karen! I do love the tree. With the red background it really stands out!

BettyAnn Arrasmith said...

I love this card! Very simple and elegant. Thank you for sharing!
BettyAnn

Linda said...

Oh boy you joined our challenge! Love the card and I have to check out that Raisin Boat stamp set. Thanks for joining.

Linda
Scrapcat Cards by Linda

Melissa Craig said...

Lovely! The embossing looks fabulous and the love the edgy design behind the tree. Perfect! Thanks for joining us at Raisin Boat. Hope to see you again and again.

Anonymous said...

Karen, I love that card! Great idea to use the Edgy Accents design with the Asian Serenity Bold tree - cool combo. Thanks so much for playing along with our Raisin Boat challenge! - Kim