Saturday, June 23, 2012

Delightful Challenges and Shelly's Images Challenge


Anything Goes at Delightful Challenges and at Shelly's Images Challenge this week. That is my favorite kind of challenge because anything I have been playing with can be entered. This week it was my fun toys from the new Stampin' up catalog. I had to have this shoe set and the new chevron embossing folder. I remember seeing a card similar to this somewhere on Pinterest so when I got my beautiful shoe stamp, I had to try it. I wet embossed the shoe with red glittery embossing powder on pink card stock and cut it out. I cut the bottom of the present out of striped dp and embossed with the chevron embossing folder. The lime green top  of the present was embossed too, but turned so the chevron stripes go the other way. This piece was cut 4 1/4 inches wide, so the card is 4 inches wide, and will fit in an A2 envelope. I wound some bakers twine around it, added a hb tag and attached with mounting tape to raise. The shoe was set on top of the present and the white card front cut along the edge of the shoe. I added some pink dp to the center of the card and stamped the perfect sentiment from the SU set on the inside top.

Stamping smiles, Karen

3 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! Great job Karen ... LOVE that shoe!! Thanks so much for joining our "SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

DonnaMundinger said...

Fab card! Just call me Imelda, because anything about shoes floats my boat. Great sentiment, too. xxD

happyscrapper said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches, and hope to see you back next week.
Hugz,
Christine