Sunday, June 17, 2012

Creative Card Crew and Crafting for all Seasons Challenges



At Crafting for all Seasons they want to see our cards for men this week and at Creative Card Crew our cards are to be song inspired. Of course this card is inspired by Toby Keith's "Red Solo Cup". This song just cracks me up and if you want a smile today, take a minute to watch his video here. If you are a country music fan, you already know the song. If you are not and have never heard the song, it is silly and laugh out loud funny. Toby sings the praises of the Red Solo Cup and how if you put your name on with a Sharpie it helps you pick up chicks:) This card is for my brother who loves the song, but does not drink a bit. I still think he will love the card.

I saw a card on Pinterest which inspired me to try this. I did a search on line for Red Solo Cup and found a picture that I printed several times. The cups on the front I molded in the shape of a cup and applied crystal lacquer to to look shiny like a real solo cup. I attached them with mounting  tape to raise. The "party sign" is from a set by Stampin' up.

On the inside I used the computer to print some of the lyrics and a birthday sentiment. And I used a Sharpie to personalize the cup for my brother. Shhh- it's a secret- although he would never see my blog I am sure.

Stamping smiles, Karen

No comments: