Friday, June 22, 2012

Crafts and Me and Divas by Design Challenges


Anything Goes at Crafts and Me this week and at Divas by Design they want to see our diecuts. I have been having fun with some decorative tape I bought recently. I don't know the difference between Washi tape and what is being sold as decorative tape now, but I have three rolls of blue so I cut a bird die cut hole in a navy blue piece and used the three rolls diagonally under the opening and like how it turned out. The die is an older thick Sizzix die and the swirls are from the same die. I embossed the navy blue piece with my favorite Swiss Dots embossing folder, and added a sticker for the sentiment.

On the inside I added the bird I cut out and embossed and another piece of the decorative tape to complete the card.

Stamping smiles, Karen

4 comments:

Vicky Briggs said...

I like your idea on how to use the decorative tape. Nice card!

Linda said...

I have been wondering the same thing about the tape. And were did the name come from?
Great idea. Love the effect you created.

Kathleen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design
Hugs
Kat xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx