Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Christmas Card and The Squirrel and the Fox Challenges


At The Squirrel and The Fox Challenge they want to see our winter or summer cards and any Christmas card will do at Christmas Card Challenge. I have been in the mood for making holiday cards for some reason...I designed this one in my head laying in bed the other night, so had to  get up the next day and make it. I embossed the green front with a favorite holiday embossing folder from Cuttlebug, then cut the tree with a Tim Holtz Sizzix die. I cut the pretty snowflake Memory Box die as "decorations" for the tree placing it on red cardstock and raising the green layer with pop dots. I added a couple sparkly white balls and layered it all on a white card.

Stamping smiles, Karen

5 comments:

Linda said...

Oh very clever! I love this card Karen!

Vicky Briggs said...

What a neat idea!

Brigitte said...

Ohhhhh, this is soooo interesting!!!! I love what you did! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

happyglitzygirl said...

Hi Karen, a gorgeous Winter card, really nice details. Thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde

Margo said...

Cool cutout technique!
Thanks for joining in at CCC!