Saturday, June 16, 2012

Birthday Fun at Send a Smile 4 Kids!


It's time for a new challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids and our theme this time around is Birthday Fun for Kids. Make a birthday card for any child and link it up for a chance at three great sponsor prizes and/or a spot in our Top Three! Our generous sponsors this week are: Stamp Shoppe Creations and their prize is a $15 gift certificate for their lucky winner; Tickled Pink is offering their random winner 2 digis of their choice; and Shelley's Images prize is a $9 gift certificate!

My first card uses some fun stamps from Stamp Shoppe Creations. I stamped Heidi's cute monkey on white and totally paper pieced him and the tree. I cut out and embossed with a nestie. The background was embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder and I swung the sentiment off the oval with bakers twine.


My second card features a sweet birthday girl from Tickled Pink and a fun circular birthday sentiment from Shelley's Images. I paper pieced and embossed the balloon and her dress and added some extra velum for the ruffles on the bottom of the dress. Hard to see but I used peach liquid pearls to her belt, jewelry, hair band and on the sentiment circle, and finished with some more jewels for bling.

I am entering these cards in the challenges at Craft Your Passion for anything goes, and the birthday challenge at Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT.

Stamping smiles 4 our kids, Karen

2 comments:

Linda said...

Very cute cards Karen.
Wow I already got my stamps and a beautiful card. Thank you so much. Does Vicky come to the mingle? I am off to check out the shop.
Thanks again,
Hugs,
Linda

Diane's Card Designs said...

Such a cute little image and love the layout. Thanks for joining us at LCI Challenge this fortnight.
Diane xx