Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What If? Wed. Sketch Challenge

The challenge this week at Repeat Impression's blog, The House that Stamps Built, is to create a card using the sketch below and link it for a chance at a great prize. I used RI's beautiful Butterfly stamp from the new Summer Series to create my card. I stamped it on white and colored it and stamped it again on velum, colored and attached with the wings up for dimension. The butterflies on the side are punched with a Martha Stewart punch and I added some gems and ribbon to complete the card. Please visit the blog for all the details on the challenge and to see the other great cards by my fellow Rock Stars (or click on their names on the side of my blog.)


I am entering this card in the challenge at Craft us Crazy for Fall Colors and/or Favorite Embellishments. Punches and Gems are my favorite embellishments and I used fall colors too.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is a beautiful and stunning card! Love the sketch and your butterfly is awesome.
Lynn

Danni said...

Ohhhh...this is so pretty!! I {heart} that butterfly!

Lynette said...

Your butterfly is gorgeous, Karen! Awesome card.

joy said...

What a beautiful card! Love how our butterfly seems to be getting ready to fly off the page. Lovely, lovely, lovely!